Skip to content

Construction & Trades

Construction work can be a messy job, but hopefully we can make Insurance clean and simple for you! We understand that your time is better spent doing the job you’re trained to do; that’s why, at Smith Robinson, we’ll do all the leg work in order to find you a quality, tailor-made insurance policy that suits you & your business perfectly.

Whether you’re a self-employed painter & decorator or a large civil engineering company, insurance still matters. If something was to happen to you & you couldn’t work, how would you receive your income? If you had a huge warehouse full of stock that burnt down, how would your company trade? Using the right broker and having the right insurance in place will put all the ‘what-ifs’ to bed.

Construction or Trades would be defined as: “a person or firm that undertakes a contract to provide materials or labour to perform a service or do a job“ for example:

Civil Engineering
Shop Fitter
Building Contractor
Painter and Decorator
Fencing Contractors
Carpet Fitters and the like

You may benefit from the following insurances:

Tool Insurance
Own Plant Insurance
Hired in Plant Insurance
Property and Material Damage
Business Interruption
Legal Expenses
Public Liability Insurance
Employers Liability Insurance
Directors & Officers Insurance
Motor Fleet (if 3 or more vehicles) or
Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Contract Works Insurance